Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi, I'll be your nurse today.

How to start my very first blog...?
Well maybe I should explain where I'm at right now.  I have about 6 weeks left of actual uni attendance time til I'm finished this course.  And I can't wait. I'm just so bored this year.  I mean, I should be interested - it's nursing, I'm a nurse, and I like being a nurse.  But it's just so...nothing.  Building a bridge with drinking straws anyone?
Apart from uni, I've been working at the same hospital for nearly 2 years now.  Not particularly because I like it (the hospital), but because the hours suit me at the moment and I have too many short-term jobs on my resume and it makes me look a bit flaky.  Maybe I am, but I'm going to try hard to make it look like I'm not!  So where I work, I'm a casual and I work on different wards and campuses.  Good experience I guess, getting to see all the different specialties.  Lately I've been getting sent to mostly Acute Psych and Slow-Stream Rehab.  And I should say, I'm a night shifter by choice, so now you know I must be a little strange (we all are).  I quite enjoy these 2 places, apart from the adrenaline rushes in psych that happen when I think the doors in Seclusion are going to be beaten down or when I get the "I'm going to remember your face and shoot you in the street!" threat from an HDUer.
Alright, well I just wanted to give you a bit of an introduction.  More stories and debriefings to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment